Join the Club
Prospective members are asked to complete a membership application and must be sponsored by two club members.
There shall be four types of membership. Regular and Family membership is open to all persons eighteen years of age and older who are in good standing with The American Kennel Club and who subscribe to the objects of this Club.
- Junior membership is open to all persons between the ages of 10 and 17 years of age who are in good standing with The American Kennel Club and who subscribe to the objects of this Club.
- Regular Membership – enjoys all the privileges of the Club including voting and holding office.
- Family Membership – enjoys all the privileges of the Club and is limited to two designated voters per family.
- Junior Membership – enjoys all the privileges of the Club but can not vote or hold office.
- Honorary Membership – pay no dues and can not vote or hold office. However, each such member may acquire active/voting status by payment of dues
Membership shall be for persons desiring to take part in the Club business. All members shall be expected to assist in club functions. Membership shall be open to anyone who has completed the Club’s basic obedience, agility or tracking training course, or its equivalent elsewhere, or has successfully trained a dog in Novice obedience, Agility or Tracking as evidenced by at least one qualifying (passing) score in an AKC Obedience Trial, Agility Trial or Tracking Test. (This requirement applies to one designated voter only in the case of family membership.)
Formal Club Membership Documents
- USRVDTC Constitution – This document outlines the purpose and organization of the club.
- Standing Rules – Revised Standing Rules
WE EXPECT MEMBERS TO:
- PARTICIPATE IN MEETINGS – Attend, voice concerns, vote, volunteer for committees, offices, special assignments.
- HELP AT CLUB EVENTS – Obedience trials, agility trials, tracking tests, sanctioned matches, picnics, parties, demonstrations, (set up, clean up, lay tracks, food service, tow trailer, steward, judge, etc).
- PARTICIPATE IN TRAINING – Instruct, assist, lay tracks, set up, clean up, sell equipment, study and adhere to AKC Obedience Regulations (review periodically).
- CONCERN YOURSELF with the welfare of dogs and their behavior.
- SEEK OUT AND WELCOME new members.
TO BE CONSIDERED AN ACTIVE MEMBER; MEMBERS ARE EXPECTED TO MEET TWO OF THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS A YEAR :
- Attend 4 club meetings (10 meetings, club picnic, Christmas Party are all considered meeting).
- Instruct or assist 1 training class per year (5 sessions per year).
- Serve as a Club Officer or Committee Chairperson.
- Steward at two trials per year (9 trials per year).
Membership dues are:
- Family Membership Application – $20.00
- Single Membership Application – $15.00
- Junior Membership – $10.00
Membership dues are due and payable on or before January 1st of each year. No member may vote whose dues are not paid for the current year.