Obedience class is designed around these main areas:
- Teaching your dog to pay attention to you
- Teaching your dog respect around other people and dogs
- Preparing your dog for the canine good citizen evaluation which is offered at the last week of class
- S.T.A.R. PUPPY CLASS: This class is for puppies ages 12 weeks to 6 months. This class is offered winter session only.
- Basic Obedience: This class is for dogs and handlers that have never taken a class. The purpose is to teach the handler to train the dog to a basic level of obedience. It is specifically designed to prepare the handler and dog to take Canine Good Citizen test. Dogs may be entered in this class (or any of the obedience classes) more than once.
- Intermediate Obedience: This class is for anyone who wants to achieve better communication and control with his/her dog. It is specifically designed to prepare the handler and dog for AKC’s Novice Obedience class offered at AKC Obedience Trials.
- Utility Obedience: This class is being provided to prepare handlers and dogs for Open Obedience and Utility Classes offered at AKC Obedience Trials.
Next Class Session
Classes are once a week (Wednesday) for 8 weeks
- PRE-REGISTRATION is required.
- Classes are limited to space available. Register early to secure your spot.
- Registration is accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Registration forms and payment must be received no later than 10 days prior to the first day of class.
- If the class is full you may add your name to a waiting list in the case that a slot opens up.
- Online payment options for check, credit card, or PayPal are available.
Obedience – Basic (Winter 2018) – 6:00 pm Class$0.00 – $75.00 Select options
Obedience – Basic (Winter 2018) – 7:00 pm Class$0.00 – $75.00 Select options
Obedience – Intermediate (Winter 2018) – 8:00 pm Class$0.00 – $75.00 Select options
STAR Puppy (Winter 2018) – 5:15pm Class$0.00 – $75.00 Select options
After you have submitted your payment and received a confirmation number, please make sure send your registration form. Details can be found at the link below.
- Non Members: $75.00
- Senior Discount (55 and older): $55.00
- Dog Adopted from Shelter or Humane Society: $40.00 (must show adoption papers, reduced price is for first time through classes only)
- Second Dog in Same Family: $60.00
- Inactive Club Members: $35.00
- Proof of Rabies & PARVO Vaccinations Required
- Minimum Age for dog is 6 months
LEADS AND TRAINING COLLARS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
There will be an orientation immediately prior to the start of your class. Please bring your proof of vaccinations to the Orientation.
Equipment will be available for sale at the orientation. If you need to purchase equipment that evening, please measure your dog’s neck and head at the ears so that we can provide you with the correct size of collar.
Please do not bring your dog to the orientation meeting.
Obedience Information Contact: